NFS Shares don’t reconnect after ESX reboot
There seems to be an issue when an ESX host is rebooted whilst connected to a QNAP filer where, once the reboot completed, all guest VMs show as Unknown X (inaccessible). On further investigation, the NFS mount is also is a disconnected state.
To fix this:
- SSH to QNAP.
[~] # /etc/init.d/nfs restart
- Go back into vSphere client and see if the issue has been resolved.
- Unmount the ‘broken’ NFS share from vSphere client –> Configuration –> Storage.
- Navigate to the QNAP administration page –>Network Service –> NFS services,
- Untick Enable NFS Service and click Apply.
- Tick Enable NFS Service and click Apply.
- Return to the NFS share from the vSphere client and re-add the NFS share, or use the ESX shell: